Thursday, August 16, 2012

Heartstring Theory

Heartstrings from google.com.ph

A few weeks ago, my sister told me a story about her friend, J, seeking to align her chakras. The guru said her chakras were not aligned due the location of her heart strings. From my understanding, heart strings are the connections we have to other people made out of love. J’s heartstrings were still connected to people from her past that aren’t necessarily present in her life right now. The heartstrings somehow kept her heart preoccupied and connected to them which caused her stress and inability to move forward smoothly. 


The guru’s suggestion was that maybe she should get her heartstrings back. In short, go talk to people at the other end of the heartstrings, close the door and get your friggin’ strings back. I think in layman’s terms: closure.

Most people fail to realize is that closure, though harder than a Jawbreaker, is the thing you do before, “The End.” I admire people who can skip this and just walk away. I’m not sure if it’s plain badass or cowardice or it didn’t matter that much to them or it was just too painful (as my friend, I, shared).

Tiptoeing yourself towards the other end of your heartstring could lead you to two results:
1.     Get your heartstring back and stamp, “The End,” on this person’s forehead OR
2.     Add another heartstring towards this person.

I only have a few heartstrings out there but believe me, they’re probably cement flavored Jawbreakers level. Yesterday, I tried to get back a heartstring and frankly, I don’t know if I got it back or added another one. Tricky things they are, I decided to back off and strategize some more.

Currently, I’m having a Twitter conversation with two of my friends about heartstrings. Here are some notable queries about it:
1.     Can you just cut it?
2.     What if the other person won’t give it back?
3.     Does it have an expiration date? (Very deep. Ala Chunking Express’ “If memories were sealed, would they have an expiration date?”

I haven’t really pondered on these questions but my top of mind answers would be:
1.     No you can’t just cut it
2.     Please tell me that you’ve read/watched Eat Pray Love. There’s a part there where Liz was on the rooftop of the ashram trying to make amends with her husband at the same time forgiving herself and what happened. (If you haven’t read/watched… RESEARCH!)
3.     Nope, they don’t have an expiration date. They can be hidden but once it’s tugged by the other person, oh you’d know its there.

I’ll get back to you once I’ve gathered all my heartstrings back. I’ll let you know how it feels and if it made a whole difference in my life. So kindly stand by starting tomorrow until the day my fingers are too rigid to type. Haha

While waiting for our heartstrings to be returned, I’ve gathered some useful information in understanding the fourth chakra in our body (where the heartstrings reside).

Chakra Four – Associations
Color - Green, pink
Physical Location - center of chest
Purposes - emotional empowerment
Spiritual Lesson - forgiveness, unconditional love, letting go, trust, compassion
Physical Dysfunctions - heart conditions, asthma, lung & breast cancers, thoracic spine, pneumonia, upper back, shoulder problems
Mental and Emotional Issues - love, compassion, confidence, inspiration, hope, despair, hate, envy, fear, jealousy, anger, generosity
Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra - connections or "heart strings" to those whom we love
Area of Body Governed - heart, circulatory system, blood, lungs, rib cage, diaphragm, thymus, breasts, esophagus, shoulders, arms, hands
Exercises that stimulate the heart chakra
Chakracise your heart chakra by doing push ups, swimming (breast stroke), and hugging yourself
Foods that fuel the heart chakra
Leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, dandelion greens, etc.
Air vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, squash, etc.
Liquids: green teas
Spices basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley
Gemstones - Malachite, Emerald, Rose Quartz
Flower Essences - Holly, Poppy, California Wild Rose


Good luck getting our heartstrings back! :

4 comments:

  1. siguro tama nga. getting your heartstring back means freeing yourself from all the complications that it once brought you. you still remember what happened, pero it doesn't affect you anymore. makes sense na to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we discussed last night, yung di ka na affected when you see each other... They'll cease to be your priority.

      Delete
  2. heartstring shwarstring. ANSABE? hahaha! We are who we are because of the heartstrings we knotted along the way. Like what I always say, everything's a matter of choice. I only see 3 scenarios: sever the string, leave it dangling, or knot it up some more til it becomes 1 big fat tangle. If it's too painful sever it, the reason why its you feel as strongly as this is because deep inside you know you'll never get your closure. Leave it dangling, because you see the good in the scenario/person. Knot it up some more, because you dwell on the "possibilities" or "safety net" and tug the string every once in awhile just to see if it's still there. Choose the strings you want to be tied to you. You may give out as many heartstrings your idle fingers can knot but you only have one heart it all leads back to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaahhhh! What if the person is good but not good for you... Especially with the heartstring between you two? The tugging for me resonates the question, "what if?" and question might be good or bad depends on what you do about it and what's the result. Up to this point... I don't know if I want my heartstring back. UHOH!!!!!

      Delete