Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Day High

Today is the first day of the rest of my life "The future depends on what we do in the present." -Mahatma Gandhi... One step at a time.... - Lindsay Lohan

Yeah, a few hours ago, I saw this on Twitter and BAM! I got jealous.

Ergo... Today is the first day of the rest of my life... January 5, 2011.

A few minutes after this declaration, I had my eyes already on some workable "goals."

These goals are actually old but let's jut give them a relaunch for the sake of my First Day High. :D 

  • life este work is elsewhere (crossing my fingers for Asia first)
  • more book reading
  • more writing
  • more new things
  • more traveling 
  • more praying 
  • more weight (yes i plan to force feed myself) 
Like any school girl in her first day, it is only but natural to be too prepared for such goals and expectations. So I decided to make a 2011 folder on my desktop. In there are the following:
  1. a copy of 500 days of summer (yes i will finally watch it)
  2. Basic Spanish Tutorial Audiobook   
  3. New Music smuggled from someone's ipod
  4. 48 Laws of Power Audiobook
I'm currently reading ala James Patterson book, a book of encouragement for Women (given to me a s Christmas gift by a friend who's getting married on April 26 - YEY!) and Our Daily Bread - a giveaway in one of the shoe stores I shop in.

So I guess that's enough to jump start my first day. :D

And oh... before I really really really (yes three times) move on to my day...
It happened, two people were involved (not one), the other party wasn't man enough to settle/fix it, I owned up to it, took all the heat, apologized, offered to talk.
Apology wasn't accepted, fine.
Another drama blows from God knows where (i'm guessing storytelling at its finest), attacks were made without confirming the story, I didn't budge because at the end of the day I believe at some point that person was a friend to me even for a milisecond in the past.

So here I go again being a victim of my own optimism hoping this would be the last time...

Because today i'm pressing the reset button.. and today is the first day of the rest of my life...

The next time I'll probably reset is when I get married (in 50 years) Hahahaha

2 comments:

  1. Reset and move forward lover.. :) Wanting more is better than settling for less. Not everyone is brave enough to reset. AJA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. press reset and just let it be. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete