Monday, January 17, 2011

I love my job: Valencia

If there's one thing I really really really (yes, three times) about my job, it's the simple perk TRAVELing.

Last weekend, instead of partying it up in Sinulog, where most people were. I went to a province in the middle of... not nowhere exactly but... in the middle of the whole entire region/land mass... Valencia to be exact.

Valencia is a province in the middle of Bukidnon and Bukidnon is 2-3 hours away from Cagayan de Oro and about 6 hours away from Davao. There's no direct flight, ergo you can only reach it by land.

I took CDO (Cagayan de Oro) flight in. First flight out, which was like 4:40AM. And yes, I was up by 1 AM. Oh I love my job!

Although the flight was more or less an hour only, I think I'm beginning to master how to sleep, unperturbed in these kind of flights. The moment I fastened my seat belts I wandered off to la la la land.

Anywhoo, here are some photos I took and I'll try to make kwento as we go along. "Try"

  
Emotastic at 6:00AM
Arrived around 20 minutes early in the airport while the driver was 20 minutes late. So everybody checked out already and there I was... alone in the arrival area... waiting... CHAR! I was trying to go all emo and everything but that's all I got. I was actually looking forward to the bed in the hotel, waiting for me so those kind of emotions were non-existent so to speak.

Hotel Valencia
Lo and behold I didn't only get one bed but two! Well all their standard rooms are for double occupancy so the smaller bed went to my stuff so they could also rest.  Obviously the interiors are old school but who gives... a night would only cost below P1,000.00. This rate already includes a breakfast for two. But don't get your hopes up, it's not buffet and don't fret you're tastebuds won't miss a lot. They have nice pool which I'll show you later... and drum roll please.... *drum* *drum* *drum* my favorite part in this hotel *drum* *drum* *drum*......... the fastest wifi evaaaaah!!!!!!!! It's the fastest I've tried in the whole existence of internet!!!

Of course after a long day "working," we get to eat something "local" for dinner. Well there's nothing local about it except for the venue but... walang basagan ng trip. Haha
Ihaw would always be the shiznit

of course my favorite: chicken isaw     

I don't know if they we're just sh*ting me but there's this rice in that place they call, "hanging rice". It's a ball of rice wrapped in palm leaves similar to what we call "palaspas." (It's the leaf/leaves we wave during Palm Sunday. --- DUH Haha) So I had two of those rice then 5 chicken isaws and 1 chicken paa. Just a little bit more chicken parts my tummy would probably be able to produce a whole live functioning chicken. Afreyd!

We capped the night early since we had a 6:30AM call time the next day.
Comite International Geneve
Say what? Nosebleed! Kidding!

So I googled what this phrase supposedly means, and here's what I got so far: It's the International Committee of the Red Cross. This humanitarian institution is mandated to protect international victims of war.

Riding in that vehicle is prestigious enough for me. But I have doubts if I have the stomach to be a composed, pacified and non-violent humanitarian (i don't even know if I make sense in that). Well I've been one for the past weeks but let's just say it's friggin' hard.

Back to regular programming...

Cheese.. cheese.. cheese squares?
 I have no idea what these are called. Their like brownies but cheese. Their one of the best cheese thingies/foodies I've tried in my entire life next to Cream Cheese. Buy them at the NVM Mall in the Angel Log's Stall. Oh and their cheesesticks are also to die for.

We finished work so the "tourists" decided to have a night out since it was also our last night. We dined in a restaurant called, El Comodore where their specialties are sea foods. Apparently, we're not the only ones who wanted tome sea foods and night out. 
Well hello, M Mouse!

Anwar & Rich
Since the driver, for the nth time was running late, we decided to just catch a "Motorela." (sounds like a Motorola knock off) It's basically their tricycle, but the seats are located at the back of the driver so it's as if you're riding a mini jeepney.
Motorela Koyah
Here's the pool I was talking about. Kinda neat huh?
Hotel Valencia
These are my hotelmates... From the land of white river rafting, Rich. And from the home of the most badass fruit in the universe, durian, Miss A.

But before we came to the hotel, the entire city of Valencia was experiencing brownout. Fortunately, our hotel has generators. Well actually, every hotel should have one. The only downer was there was on cable. I was hoping to spend the wee hours of the night watching Britain's Next Top Model and watch those bimbo's make a bimbo out of themselves.

Before I flew out, there was just another stopover I made. The Monastery of Transfiguration in Malaybalay. It was solemnly breathtaking. That's the only description I have. Check out my photos below.

Monastery of Transfiguration

good choice of wood

Chairs probably inspired by grade school classrooms

Color Contrast at its finest

Groomsmen preparing for the big event

View on your right
The view in this last photo is not even close to how beautiful it was to stand on that spot where I was. I'm not a connoisseur on traveling but I think the art/passion for traveling is allowing yourself to be surprised at what a place can offer and take it from there. :) Uhm.. a lot like love? CHAR!

This is only the second week of the year I say... I looooooveee my job!!! :) I have 5 more lined up until summer, hopefully I won't screw up that big so I still get to enjoy it.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it... I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. Say what Pointer Sisters?!?! (Sisa mode: ON)

No comments:

Post a Comment