Sunday, March 13, 2011

Age is just a number... daw.

For lovers... age doesn't matter.


Most of the the time it does buddy. Whether we like it or not, it is a deciding factor. But I'm not going to blab about age differences in relationships and such, I want to talk about my age...


I'm turning 25 in a few months and for some weird reason, I feel like I'm under so much non existent pressure.


Do you believe in quarter life crisis? I do! Okay, so Sisa Mode ON! Is it me or is everybody like in a hurry to do so much. As if we're in a race, that we have to do everything NOW. We have to buy this now, we have to eat in this restaurant now, we have to see each other now, we have to have a crush now, we have to find someone who we can possibly spend the rest of our lives with now.


Okay the last one was a bit far but come on. Aminin!


On the way to church..
Dadi: May bagong village na pala dito...
Nowie: Oo nga noh...
Dadi: Oh bili ka na dyan, gamitin mo na pag-ibig mo para sa future....


And I'm like.. "SAAAYY WUUUHHHT DAD!?!?!"


Over dinner...
Momi: Ilan taon ka na nga?
Nowie: Shux, mag 25 na ako!!!!
Momi: Nung 25 ako two years old ka na eh..


"SAY WUUUHHHHHHHHTTTT!!!!!!?!?!"


So yeah, why do I have this feeling that I SHOULD be doing more?


Talking to myself would also not help since I have this "internal" goal of being married by the age of 25. So nothing worked out so far so I'm moving it to 28. Haha

Having my eyes on the age of 28 it just feels like its a million light years away and at the same time it looks.... old. :(


I hope I'd still be a hot mom when I get to have a kid. I'd like to still hear a compliment, "omg, you look like his sister." Hahaha

Here are my signs of aging:
 - arthritis
 - sleepy by 10pm
 - lowered alcohol tolerance
 - would rather go out when there's still sun
 - etc. etc.


Or maybe I just got tired of the fast life so here I am slowing it down. But being the impatient that I am, I keep asking... what's next?


This coming of age/quarter life crisis is really annoying. Age is a number yes... that can define you perspective in life and drive you mad (like me).  So it's not a number per se. It's reminder. Like those reminders you copy in your notebook during homeroom:


REMINDERS:
1. Please wear gala uniform tomorrow.
2. Bring canned goods for offertory.
3. Ask parents to sign the waiver form for next week's field trip.


Here's my version:
1. Please refrain from looking back.
2. Don't be afraid to slow down
3. To hell with 25! Just make sure you get drunk on your birthday b**ch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment