Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I love my job: Zamboanga

Most people who knew I was coming to Zamboanga basically had one thing to say... "nakoooo mag-ingat ka dun, baka madukot ka!"

Seriously? Do I look like the "kidnapable" type?

 
eY0w p0wZ
As usual, I got the first flight out at around 4:50 AM. I'm beginning to tire of all the mediocre food in Centennial 2. Delifrance is so-so. Mr. Donut is Mr. Donut. The smoking area cafe is the best by far but no matter how you try to spray the stench after away it just won't.

Unfortunately, I got seated beside a big big like.... hhhmm.. Mr. Clean-ish guy. Who made turbulence happen with his snores. Even Greyhoundz' Pigface or Slapshock's Lo Mejor can't save you from his dreams.

I stayed in Lantaka Hotel. If I remember it right, it's the only hotel in Zambo (yes close kami) beside the sea. Again, unfortunately, the only room left was facing the road not the sea. So much for the sea view part. It's P1,400/night no breakfast included. If you need wifi, they'll charge you P50.00 for the password.

Bed 1 and Bed 2

Bed 3 and Bed 2

Circa 1990 Samsung Colored TV

Wait for it... lalabas si Sadako.
It's the second hotel in Mindanao that I got more than one bed in a room. Bed 1 definitely gave me the creeps. You know those old movies where soldiers die in their beds? In real life, the bed's like that. AFRAIIIIDD. What I did was took out ALL the contents of my luggage and piled them on Bed 1 just so I'm sure no one would occupy it. You know what I mean.

I didn't get to go around as much as I was discouraged by locals themselves that some tourists just stick out like a banana in a box of apples (where did that come from?!) and you don't want that. No worries though, I think I would be go back there again this year for another business trip. Okay moving on....

First night we had dinner in this place they called Paseo Del Mar. Basically, its their version of our Baywalk. Its beside the sea, they restaurants there with some acoustic bands and of course they serve seafood. How would you know if you're in Paseo Del Mar?




Well Paseo del Sol is in Gen San. Sooo.... just ask the tricycle to take you to Paseo del Mar. Haha Kidding! Took a photo of these three because I just thought their cute bordering to annoying.

We ate at....


Sinagang na Hipon with Lemongrass, Liempo, Ginataang Hipon, Chickem BBQ

Highlight for me was the Ginataang Hipon... It's so close to my all time favorite, Nilasing na Hipon from Iloilo. :) Yes, I love shrimps aka Hipons. Yah know.

Next day for lunch went to Haisan. It's supposedly a high end dampa there. It's so high end their seafood is more expensive than the ones here in Manila.
A little overcooked (?) Calamares

Chili Prawns

Vegetarian (green yung laman loob eh CHAR) Lapu-Lapu in Soy Sauce
 Dinner in Palmeras
Seafood and CHUNKS of Lechon Kawali

  Saturday is for giving thanks...

Hypnotic landscape of Fort Pilar Shrine

Say a little prayer

for you. hihi *heart* CHAR!





And finally the beautiful side of my hotel which I only got to see on the day I was leaving. 

Mini Ballroom

Add caption


Jack Coke please :D
There you have it folks. Took me quite some time to finish this but what the hey. Here it is.

My only regret was I didn't get to see the pink beach of Sta. Cruz but then again... I'll be back by July :)

Next stop: the island of Durian and some more durian. Baguio! CHAR! Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment