Sunday, February 20, 2011

Temporary Adiue

I wrote this three years ago... I can't help but laugh :)) Talk about muussh.

A friend of mine will be leaving tomorrow and for the past few days we have been trying to make his last days memorable. We went to the beach, the boys had a party for him (which may I just share ended up being too traumatic to remember/forget Pao please get well soon), he bought slippers, we had a 99-peso per person exlusive of 12% tax dinner and finally we dropped his girlfriend home. As he came back to the car with tears in his eyes I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.
On the way home I encountered this conversation about long distance relationships. I am a self-confessed cynical person. I feed on doubt. Haha I can't remember which philosopher doubted everything except his doubting. Okay it's like I doubt the existence of this wall, of this person of this name, of this word...but I don't doubt my act of doubting. Blah blah. Haha. Moving on! On said something like you can't deny the fact that when you're not together like in the same place or time zone for that matter, it's hopeless. You'd always need someone to be there with you and for you. I beg to disagree. (My cynical senses failed me on this one)
I have been in a long distance relationship... twice. It didn't work out... twice. Yeah I already got the point. It's not my thing. But what I learned even though it didn't work was it CAN work. There are premises involved of course like IF both parties are willing to sacrifice and IF they really truly unrelentlessly love each other. Without these two premises everything would fall apart.
Choice. Last Sunday, the priest said that Jesus' command for us is simple: LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Not love another one (aka third party, etc). Choice. Loving is also about choosing. You choose to love this person and be faithful to this person even if you're apart = everyone happy. I can't believe I'm having a relationship 101 blog. Haha And yes I chose to love and be faithful in my attempt at LDR (long distrance relationship) Nyahaha. The other party gave up. Awww sad face.. Not! Haha No grudges though... Raaarrr...
Whatever it's my blog! You know what... cliche warning: love is about choices. We choose people we love consciously or unconsciously. We choose to love this person despite him gaining some weight, or her living at the end of Fairview, or him being childish and spoiled, or her being roast to black after swimming, or him being only an inch taller than you or her not having the usual fetish you have on girls... etc. etc. the list goes on and on and on... When we love someone we shut all these out and choose to see only the nice, sweet, tingly, mushy things they possess that never fails to make our day complete.
So I say.. go forth, love, wait, be faithful and bliss cometh. Spare yourself of the drama. Life is freaking simple. Hehe
i carry your heart with me by E. E. Cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)
i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
To Ter and Eng... Make the right choices. You know that you're each worth it.
*asking me always why made me ponder...this is my answer: situations, thoughts, words can never be enough fathom why. i just know that you are... and i do....

PS. The long distance relationship worked for them. Their still together. :) Ignore the last notation... It was for a former lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment